Effective Wednesday, March 10, masks will be highly recommended but not required to enter City of Grand Prairie facilities. However, for your safety, city staff will continue to follow recommended health protocols, including wearing masks. All other current modifications to the operations at individual facilities will remain in effect until further notice.
GRAND PRAIRIE PARKS, ARTS & RECREATION AQUATICS - REOPENING
KIRBY CREEK NATATORIUM
Kirby Creek Natatorium is open for lap swim (appointment only) and limited open swim times. Call 972-237-4170 to reserve your lap swim time.
View hours and pool schedule click here.
- Patrons will be screened for fever (temperature check)
- Masks upon arrival and exit will be recommended.
- Furniture will be available for use with 6 foot spacing for social distancing.
- Pools will not allow shared use items except for life jackets, which will be available upon request and sanitized between users.
- Social distancing will be recommended during entire visit.
- Locker rooms will be fully accessible with social distancing recommended.
- To provide an additional level of supervision for social distancing, it is recommended that all minors (or children of a specified age) be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult while at the facility.
- Because the coronavirus is airborne it is imperative to enforce rules prohibiting spitting or nose blowing while in the water.
- Lap swimming should be limited to one swimmer per lane unless requested by no more than two (2) people who agree to share a lane.
- Due to reduced facility capacities and to limit risk of exposure, rentals and private parties will be eliminated for the 2020 summer season
- All Climbing walls, diving boards and Slides will be open.
Pool programs will begin in phases beginning in May.
- Wearing of facemasks is highly recommended unless it is not advised due to medical or health reasons.
- Social distancing will be highly recommended for water aerobics classes.
- Participants may bring personal equipment for use during scheduled classes.
- American Red Cross guidelines will be followed for instruction during these classes.
- Programs will be held at the Kirby Creek Natatorium.
Please call Kirby Creek Natatorium for more details 972-237-4167
- There will be no sharing, rental, or loan of pool equipment, toys, swim gear, aerobics equipment or other items around the pool.
- Lifejackets are available for requested use at each facility. However, it is preferred that guests bring their own coast guard approved lifejackets each visit.
- The concession stands will re-open this season.