From a floating restaurant to coffee & wine to live music, there’s plenty of options for date night just south of the DFW metroplex!
- Charley Taylor, Tony Shotwell and Dalworth Recreation Centers and The Summit – closed
- The Epic Recreation Center – closed
- Prairie Lakes Golf Course – open, Peak Day rates apply
- Tangle Ridge Golf Club – open, Peak Day rates apply
- Lynn Creek Park and Loyd Park – open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. There will be a $20 entry fee per vehicle for the day.
- Kirby Creek Natatorium – closed
- McFalls, Bowles and Tyre Pools and Splash Factory Water Playground – closed for the season.
- Epic Waters Indoor/Outdoor Water Park – open 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Have you heard the exciting news about EpicCentral ? A new restaurant is coming to the park along with additional parking lots and a new entrance off the Hwy 161 frontage road. Construction has already begun and is currently anticipated to take 18-24 months to complete. Visitors to the park should note that the park entrance off of the Hwy 161 frontage road has been closed as well as a section of Esplanade. More details on the project will be announced soon!
Other EpicCentral updates:
The Summit 50+ Club and PlayGrand Adventures remain closed for now due to the pandemic, however City staff will be reevaluating the decision in the Fall to reopen as soon and safely as possible. Rest assured, we understand the importance of these two life-changing facilities, and look forward to their many, many more years of service to our community.
Grand Prairie Farmers Market is currently in the running for being voted #1 Farmers Market in Texas. Help us win this title another year!
- Guests are REQUIRED to wear a mask to enter the Grand Prairie Farmers Market.
- Entry & exit only permitted through doors facing Main St.
- Limited capacity – you may be asked to wait before entering.
- Limited vendors.
Join in the fun this Summer as our Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation facilities host our first Virtual Summer Camp!
Monday – Thursday we will post interactive activities to our Facebook page for you and your family to enjoy for FREE. Be sure to like, comment, and share if you enjoy our activities so we can share with more families!
This week’s schedule:
Camp Craft Kit: Friday’s Camp Craft will be available for registration Friday – Monday. Register for next week below!
Monday, May 25 10:00 a.m.
Join us for a Virtual Memorial Day Celebration to honor those who gave their lives in active service to our country.
For more information, please call the Parks, Arts and Recreation Department, 972-237-8100.
Watch live stream here: rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2
In partnership with Grand Prairie United Charities and the North Texas Food Bank, Grand Prairie’s Tony Shotwell Life Center, Charley Taylor Recreation Center and Dalworth Recreation Center will be open the four Wednesdays in May beginning May 6, from 9:00 a.m. – noon to distribute non-perishable food boxes to Grand Prairie residents.
Residents just need to bring identification with a Grand Prairie address.
No financial need or income status is required.
A family may get food from GPUC offices or at the recreation centers once a month.
Tony Shotwell Life Center
2750 Graham St
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Charley Taylor Recreation Center
601 E Grand Prairie Rd
Grand Prairie, TX 75051
Dalworth Recreation Center
2012 Spikes St
Grand Prairie, TX 75051
LIMITED PARK USE EASTER WEEKEND
The city has additional safety measures in place for city parks this Easter weekend.
City parks have remained open during the COVID-19 crisis. However, due to high traditional use of parks on Easter, tighter restrictions have been put in place for this weekend:
- The city recommends families stay home to celebrate Easter
- Parks will remain open for exercise use only
- No Easter Egg Hunts
- Limited parking and vehicle traffic
- Major park roads closed
- Large parking lots closed
- Restrooms remain closed
- Drinking fountains are turned off
- Pavilions are closed
- No group gatherings
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times
The City of Grand Prairie wishes you and your family a happy (and safe) Easter weekend. Stay Home. Stay Safe.
USO DE LOS PARQUES RESTRINGIDO EL FIN DE SEMANA DE PASCUA
La ciudad tiene medidas de seguridad adicionales para los parques de la ciudad este fin de semana de Pascua. La ciudad de Grand Prairie comprende la importancia de este fin de semana festivo y que innumerables celebraciones se llevan a cabo tradicionalmente en los parques de toda la ciudad. Si bien los funcionarios de la ciudad recomiendan que todos se queden en casa y eviten las multitudes, los parques y senderos permanecerán abiertos. Sin embargo, debido a la situación actual y la propagación de COVID-19, se aplicarán las siguientes medidas para este fin de semana:
- Los parques permanecerán abiertos solo para uso en ejercicio
- No hay búsquedas de huevos de Pascua
- Estacionamiento y tráfico de vehículos LIMITADO
- Carreteras principales de parque cerradas
- Estacionamientos grandes cerrados
- Los baños permanecen cerrados
- Las fuentes de agua están apagadas
- Los pabellones estarán cerrados
- No juntarse en grupos
- El distanciamiento social debe practicarse en todo momento.
Para todos los que celebran, la Ciudad de Grand Prairie les desea a usted y a su familia una feliz Pascua. Recuerda, quédate en casa y mantente a salvo.
The City of Grand Prairie continues to work with the Dallas County Health Department, Texas Department of State Health Services (TDSHS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in containing the spread of the virus through public education and identifying mitigation strategies.
How can I avoid infection with COVID-19?
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus. These are exactly the same precautions you would take to avoid coming down with a cold or the flu.
The United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of all respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
For a full article of COVID-19 please visity GPTX.org
The Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation Department has social media channels for many of our facilities and special events.
Keep up with the #GrandFun across Grand Prairie Parks, Arts & Recreation! Click the link below to view all of our department social media pages in one place!