Effective Wednesday, March 10, masks will be highly recommended but not required to enter City of Grand Prairie facilities. However, for your safety, city staff will continue to follow recommended health protocols, including wearing masks. All other current modifications to the operations at individual facilities will remain in effect until further notice.
MODIFIED OPERATIONS - UPDATES
CHARLEY TAYLOR RECREATION CENTER NOW OPEN - MODIFIED OPERATIONS
TEMPORARY FACILITY HOURS
Monday — Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
There is a 1-hour closure period for a facility wide deep clean from the hours of 2:00p.m. – 3:00p.m
Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Pickleball will be offered at CTRC. See our pickleball page for open play hours.
Membership Plan Fee
Day Pass – $4/day
Senior Annual (62+) – $10/year
Weight Room Individual – $11.50/month
Weight Room Family – $21/month
(up to 5 in same household)
Pickleball and Weight Room by APPOINTMENT ONLY. Call 972-339-3770.
We accept Cash, Check, and Credit.
- All staff and members will be subject to a forehead temperature check prior to entering the facility. Failure to comply will result in denial of access to the facility. Also, anyone with a temperature of 100 degrees or more will not be allowed access to the facility.
- Charley Taylor Recreation Center will temporarily operate as a fitness facility only. To gain entrance into the minimum age is 13 yrs. old. Ages 13 – 15 must be accompanied by their parent/guardian. We are only allowing individual workouts regardless if you live in the same household. Kids will NOT be allowed to wait in the building while you workout. Please come alone
- Now Accepting NEW Members.
- In compliance with the state orders, we will operate at a maximum capacity of 50%. The max number of members allowed in the fitness area is 20. However, management reserves the right to limit that number at their discretion for the safety of everyone in the facility.
- If we are at capacity, you will be put on a waitlist and asked to wait in line, in your car or walk around the trail until we call you from the front desk.
- Each member will be limited to a max of a consecutive 60 minute workout, to be fair to all members, we ask that you track your time. In any case that the fitness center is at max capacity and we develop a wait list the usage time will be reduced to 45 minutes.
- Fitness equipment has been spaced at least 6ft apart.
- Staff will be stationed throughout the facility, assisting with constant sanitization of equipment, surfaces and ensuring that members are adhering to social distancing for the safety of everyone in the facility.
- Masks are mandatory when entering and exiting the facility, but will not be required to wear while working out.
- Charley Taylor Recreation Center staff will have on protective wear such as masks, gloves and sneeze guards while on job duty for the protection for all. Please maintain proper social distancing throughout the facility including interaction with staff.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Members will stop at temperature check tent outside front of the facility to have your temperature checked.
- Members will enter front double doors once temperature check is completed and is normal.
- Member will be directed to enrollment desk to renew fitness membership.
- Once membership is renewed, member will then be allowed into the fitness center.
- All machines are spaced 6 feet apart
- Members must maintain proper social distancing while working out. Please wipe down machine after use.
- No weightlifting spotters will be allowed.