8 Tips to Stay Hydrated
Is your family drinking enough water? Given that most processes within our body are dependent upon water, we need to stay hydrated with 4-8 cups of water every day to be healthy and focused. Here are some simple tips for staying hydrated throughout the day:
- Keep water handy in a reusable water bottle. (Bonus: Let kids pick out their own water bottle!)
- Try drinking a glass of water with every meal.
- Jazz up water with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice or by adding fruit slices/frozen berries.
- Low-fat milk, fruits, and veggies are also good sources of water!
- Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink; being thirsty means you are probably already dehydrated.
- Drink more water when it is hot and when you are sick or physically active.
- Replace sodas and sugary sports drinks with sparkling water.
- Adults and teens can encourage younger children by drinking water with them.
Information sourced from partners at National Recreation and Parks Association.