- Libraries – closed, items can be renewed online at gptx.org/library. All libraries have book drops for the return of items after-hours. Items can also be returned at Epic Reads and the Lake Park Book Locker.
- Water bill payment offices – closed
- Charley Taylor, Tony Shotwell and Dalworth Recreation Centers and The Summit – closed
- The Epic Recreation Center – open 5:30 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Prairie Lakes Golf Course – open, Peak Day rates apply
- Tangle Ridge Golf Club – open, Peak Day rates apply
- Lynn Creek Park and Loyd Park – open 6 a.m.-10 p.m. There will be a $20 entry fee per vehicle for the day.
- Kirby Creek Natatorium – open 8 a.m.-1 p.m. for lap swim, and 1-6 p.m. for open swim
- McFalls, Bowles and Tyre Pools and Splash Factory Water Playground – open for open swim 1-6 p.m.
- Epic Waters Indoor/Outdoor Water Park – open 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Garbage Collection/Recycling – No garbage and recycling pick up on Monday, Sept. 2.Please put garbage and recycling out on your next scheduled collection day.
- Landfill – closed
- Animal Shelter – closed
- Municipal Court – closed
- Tourist Information Center – open 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
If you have seen playground equipment rising from the ground in EpicCentral, then you saw what is happening at PlayGrand Adventures all-inclusive playground. Construction continues to proceed and the play equipment is being installed for Phase I. From the Space Net Tower in the Adventure Zone to the Cube Tower on Adventure Hill, every day new items are added. The unique playground concept has been designed to enhance the sensory, physical, cognitive, and social abilities of those that enjoy the playground.
Phase I is on schedule to open late fall and will include the Adventure Zone and Adventure Hill. Please keep an eye out for upcoming announcements on when PlayGrand Adventures will open. You can follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Soon, PlayGrand Adventures will be a DFW destination where families will experience play as they never have before.
If you drive by the corner of Warrior Trail and Epic Place, you might begin to see some cool things happening at PlayGrand Adventures all-inclusive playground. Over the past few months, playground equipment and major infrastructure items such as stone walls, sidewalks and drainage has been going in. Phase I of the playground is on schedule and progressing nicely. If you drive by, the vanilla colored posts will soon hold up shade elements and specific playground equipment. Every day, the construction team continues to add play elements and soon you will hear laughter throughout the site. Stay tuned to playgrandadventures.com and Parks staff will continue to keep you updated on the progress.
Due to the current flooding conditions at Joe Pool Lake, visitors to Lynn Creek Park and Loyd Park will need to note the following during the Memorial Day holiday weekend:
Lynn Creek Park:
- Limited space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The park will open at 6:00 a.m. and will not allow any additional access once full.
- For safety reasons, the park will close at 8:00 p.m.
- No access to boat ramps.
- Horse trails are closed due to standing water, however some of the hiking trails remain open.
- Limited day-use space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The park will open at 6:00 a.m. and will not allow any additional access once full.
- For safety reasons, the park will close at 8:00 p.m.
- No access to boat ramps.
PlayGrand Adventures is under way and our team is excited to share our recent activities!
PlayGrand at Main Street Fest
Our grand team spread the news of Grand Prairie’s all inclusive playground at the recent Main Street Fest! We appreciate the time dedicated by staff and volunteers to share the information and excitment with the community!
More ways to support PlayGrand Adventures
This year we kicked off our water bill initiative that offers residents a method of donating a set amount each time they pay their water bill.
MAKE A MONTHLY DONATION THROUGH YOUR GRAND PRAIRIE WATERBILL
PlayGrand Adventures needs your help. Building this type of innovative, one-of-a-kind, admission-free playground will require both City and private involvement. All money raised goes directly to purchasing playground equipment and site amenities.
And now, Grand Prairie residents have the opportunity to make donations to PlayGrand Adventures through their monthly water bill.
HOW DOES THE WATERBILL DONATION WORK?
Anyone with a water account with The City of Grand Prairie can participate. Follow the steps below to get started today!
1. Determine the amount you’d like to contribute each month. This can be ANY amount. You decide!
2. Fill out the form below.
3. Pay your water bill each month, which will now include your monthly donation amount.
You can also call the Water Utilities Department at 972-237-8200 to sign up, edit your monthly contribution, or cancel at anytime.
PlayGrand Adventures broke ground and is excited to see eqiptment delivered in the upcoming weeks! Stay tunned for updates as the fun unwinds!
It’s going to be an epic spring break at EpicCentral Grand Prairie, where visitors of all ages will have access to tons of free and affordable family fun, adventure, and learning from morning to night. Throughout the month of March, visitors to the development that is home to Epic Waters Indoor Waterpark and The Epic can enjoy one-of-kind thrilling waterslides, swimming movies, arcade games, contests, and classes—and much more, regardless of weather conditions.
Just in time for spring break, Epic Waters and The Epic are introducing a new “wet and dry” Epic Combo Pass, which offers discounted extended all-day access to both venues, with opportunities to go back and forth between the walkable destinations to sample both special spring break programming and regular activities and attractions throughout the day—regardless of the weather, since most of the activities and attractions are indoors.
Activities planned between March 8 and March 24 that are featured as part of the Epic Combo ticket include dance and hula hoop contests, arcade challenges, family gameroom activities, indoor and outdoor movie screenings*, an outdoor concert*, goat yoga*, recording studio tours, internet radio station broadcasts, open athletic court play, hoop shooting on the court and in the water, fitness classes (CrossFit, Zumba, and yoga), ping-pong/chess/checkers/cornhole play, and make-and-take art classes.
There will also be a number of fee-upgrade options available, such as private cabana seating at Epic Waters, painting and pottery classes, March Madness watch parties (at Crompton’s Pub at The Epic), cooking classes for kids and adults, a singing workshop, concerts, Parents’ Night Out (featuring babysitting with kids’ activities), basketball and futsal camps.
PRICING AND MORE INFORMATION: The Epic Combo Pass is available for $30/$40 each for adults and kids over 48 inches and $25/$35 each for kids under 48 inches (Grand Prairie resident and non-residents, respectively). Children three and under get in free. Online pre-purchase of Epic Combo tickets is highly recommended. To learn more, visit epicwatersgp.com or jointheepic.com, or call 972-337-3131.
EPIC WATERS SPRING BREAK HOURS: Daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. / THE EPIC SPRING BREAK HOURS: Monday-Thursday from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Friday from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday from 11 am to 6 p.m.
DINING OPTIONS: Epic Waters: Hungry Wave Café and Longboards Bar. The Epic: The Epic Café. (No coolers or outside food is permitted at Epic Waters.)
*FREE MOVIES on The GrandLawn Ampitheater: March 8: “Ralph Breaks The Internet” / March 13: “Jumanji” (1995) / March 15: “Secret Life of Pets” / March 20: “Monsters, Inc.” / March 22: “The Greatest Showman” Movies will begin at approximately 7:30 p.m. each night.
*FREE CONCERT on The GrandLawn Ampitheater: King George: A Tribute to George Strait March 22 at 7 p.m.
Join The Epic and Become a Founding Member. Aside from having the designation of being one of our very first members, you’ll receive a free t-shirt, exclusive to founding members:
Register online and sign up to stop by to get your EPIC t-shirt and membership card by clicking the link below and signing up for the time that is best for you.
*Please note- 1 (one) shirt per membership.
https://jointheepic.com/memberships/ (To Purchase Membership)
https://www.prekindle.com/events/theepic (To RSVP for Open House/T-shirt Pick-Up)
(Advance sign up is required and you may enter the promo code “JOIN” to access the exclusive JoinTheEpic.com RSVP times)
BECOME A FOUNDING MEMBER!
Become a Founding Member and receive the best deals this month!